My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Friday, March 20, 2015

December Daily: Days 14-31

yes it's march and i've only just finished my december daily

what's your point?

sometimes life gets in the way of documenting your life
oh yes it does

i'm congratulating myself on finishing this, and am really happy with the finished product.  i know i'm going to enjoy picking up this album in a couple of months' time, and ESPECIALLY when december 2015 rolls around, to see what's changed (and what's stayed the same).

i'm LOVING ali edward's kits (i did 'day in the life' back in october and have just ordered my first story kit).

my DD kit looks like it was hardly used and have plenty of product to use this year or on other christmas-themed projects.

some days i struggled that my DD wasn't christmas-themed every day (as ali's is), but then i reminded myself that it's MY album and no-one else.


one of katelin's oldest friends started an album for katelin's best friend during december and it turned out to be a mammoth project - which she DID complete, but that's not the point.  i LOVED having her at the house and in the next room - 2 generations crafting, and i loved that she could use my 'stash'.

some of my foundation pages are lifted directly from ali's album - and that's ok too
thanks for the inspiration ali!





gift-wrapping' the pillars outside our central railway station
way cool, and right now it's wrapped in the cricket world cup colours.

one of the MANY reasons wellington is the coolest little capital in the world!


same page showing the back of the day 17 3x8 insert


 i took the idea of the 3x8 insert from Week in the Life and turned them into 4x8 back-to-back photos two or three times throughout this album


or cut down the [4x] 3x4 page protectors into a [2x] 3x4 page



mikaela's idea to recreate the Christmas 1998 photo was genius and the girls totally embraced it.  the 15 second video of the blooper reel is on my instagram feed


4x6 photos back to back



i particularly enjoyed using the 6x8 digital templates


and typewritten journalling straight onto the photo






and because i need closure (lol), i complete the entire month

taking another leaf out of ali's book, the 26th included a list of photos i DIDN'T take








*happy sigh*





3 comments:

Rachel King said...

Sue. This is Awesome. A work of art and a work of love .......

mandyb said...

wahoooooooo well done on getting it done!!!
YAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

NICE!!! And I recognixe part of Ali's kit!! :) I used it too :D I can't wait till my album is finished!!! :)